Points to be Included in Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter
A cover letter must be short and to the point. The letter must educate the human resource executive what are you writing for along with the detailed summary of your qualifications, skills and experiences. You must include the below pointers in your resume:
- Personal information
- Greetings and introductory paragraph
- Your skills and proficiencies
- Prior job experiences in brief
Since all of the above information is already mentioned in your resume, an applicant must to be precise while documenting the letter and try to keep it as brief as they can.
Tips to write Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter
Apart from the above-mentioned pointers, below are the tips that will help you to come with an efficient cover letter:
- Start your cover letter introducing yourself. Be precise; mention your full name, email address, and contact number. Make sure you align this data to the right hand of the letterhead.
- Followed to your personal information, you must mention the name of the concerned person along with his/her designation and the organization name. This information must be aligned to the left of your letter.
- After mentioning your personal information and reference to the concerned person, add in the subject line that portrays the reason of your letter. This must strictly be a single sentence and be to the point.
- Followed to the subject line comes the main content of your pharmacy technician cover letter. Start the first paragraph by mentioning your interest in applying for the job position with the employer. You can also educate them about any references or the source from where you got notified about the job position requirement.
- The next paragraph must educate the employer or recruiter about the your experience in the field along with skills and proficiencies that make you better in this job.
- While writing about your previous experiences and skills you must make sure to use power keywords related to your job profile that will educate the employer about your knowledge about the field.
- Next to your experiences and skills comes the information about your current job profile, employer and job description. Include these points in brief and avoid explaining each and every task.
- Now, conclude your letter by showing your interest for the job position. Portray how you can explain more about yourself in a personal interview.
- Finally, thank the employer/recruiter for their time and consideration.
Following the above steps will definitely help you coming up with a perfect cover letter for your job application. The below sample will further help you in understanding the format and language to be used in your cover letter.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN COVER LETTER SAMPLE
ROBERT D. ROSS
2993 Metz Lane,
Woburn, MA 01801
July 27, 2015
Jesus B. Robertson
Good Will Medical Center
Subject: Application for Pharmacy Technician Job Position
Dear Mr. Robertson,
I have completed my Diploma in Pharmacy from Centennial Institute, Breda and have been working as a Pharmacy Technician at Care Medical Center since the last five years. Over these years my job duties included dispensing medications according to the prescriptions, arranging medicines, packing and labeling the prescriptions, creating compounds as prescribed, and many more.
I look forward for an opportunity to work under you at Good Will Medical Center where I can use my experience and learn new aspects under your guidance. Hoping for a personal interview where we can discuss more about my skills and proficiencies that make me eligible for this job position.
Robert D. Ross.
The job of a pharmacy technician is one of the most responsible jobs. This raises the expectations of the employer while hiring a candidate for this position. Hope the above pharmacy technician cover letter sample help you to gain some confidence while applying for this job.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample
Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter
Pharmacy Technicians are in charge for supporting pharmaceutical services and handling daily operations in a pharmacy. Examples of Pharmacy Technician duties include: greeting clients, answering to their questions, maintaining inventories, placing orders, removing outdated products, adhering to industry standards and regulations, filling orders, checking if prescriptions are valid, processing insurance claims, and stocking medication on shelves.
An example cover letter for Pharmacy Technician usually puts emphasis on the following qualifications:
- Organization and planning
- Pharmacy knowledge
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good numeracy skills
- Analytical thinking
- Supply management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Computer competences
- A helpful and friendly manner
Comparable Pharmacy Technician skills can be seen in the cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Pharmacy Technician Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Reyes:
Upon learning of your opening for a Pharmacy Technician, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly skilled professional with 7 years of experience ensuring optimal levels of regulatory compliance and patient service and support, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Palomino Drugs’ goals and objectives in this role.
My background includes supporting pharmacists in fast-paced, high-pressure environments. From preparing and packaging prescription orders and maintaining detailed customer records to processing insurance claims and maintaining medication and supply inventories, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, and ensuring top-notch customer service.
My enclosed resume highlights my experience and accomplishments to date, some of which include…
- Facilitating day-to-day pharmacy functions—including patient advisement, order processing, and regulatory compliance—while referring customers to pharmacists for medication information and directions as necessary.
- Preparing to achieve a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Minnesota.
- Demonstrating exceptional performance, strong leadership skills, and an extremely strong work ethic throughout my career; possessing a steadfast commitment to providing unparalleled honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
My skills in pharmacy operations and customer support have been finely honed, and I am confident my strengths and achievements will render me an immediate asset to your team. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Alexis W. Flanery