The maintenance of health and fitness helps a person to be in the general state of health and well-being. It provides ability to perform physical actions without being tired or restless. However, the maintenance of health and fitness requires regular physical exercise with balanced diet. It is very necessary for all to maintain their health and fitness in order to be fit, healthy, fearless of diseases, and get so many other benefits. Now-a-days, teachers generally assign their students to write some paragraphs or full essay on any topic to enhance their English writing skill and knowledge as well as spread awareness. Following are some paragraphs, short essays and long essays on health and fitness to help students in completing their task. All the health and fitness essay are written very simply. So, you can select any essay according to your need and requirement:
Essay on Health and Fitness
Health and Fitness Essay 1 (100 words)
A person with good health and fitness becomes able to live his/her life to its fullest extent. It is very important for a person in life to be physically and mentally fit to live a healthy and happy life. Healthy and fit people become less prone to the medical conditions. Fitness does not mean to be physically fit only, it also means with healthy mental state of the person. One can get healthy mental state if he/she becomes physically fit. The simple way to remain healthy and fit is having stress free mind with regular exercise and balanced diet. People who maintain their ideal weight become less prone to the cardiac and other health problems. People who are physically active can easily maintain a relaxed state of mind. Healthy and fit people can easily face all the ups and downs of their life and less affected by any drastic change.
Health and Fitness Essay 2 (150 words)
People are being more conscious towards their health and fitness as time changes. Male wants to have a muscle bound body whereas female a slim and trim look. Everybody is doing lots of struggle on daily basis to achieve a perfect body. Getting healthy and fit body and mind requires lots of patience, time, commitment, goal, believe, and a strong mind to face all the struggles. Some people have ability to maintain fitness on their own however some need a good qualified personal trainer to take care of the daily exercises and diet. People who are in corporate businesses have very little movement and lot of sitting all through the day. That’s why they face being overweight, obese, lazy, and tired. It is proved with studies that people who are more fit and healthy achieve greater success in life.
Health and Fitness Essay 3 (200 words)
Health is a very important aspect in the life of everyone. Nothing is more important than health and fitness for any human being. Healthy and fit people really enjoy their life very happily and peacefully. An unhealthy person cannot enjoy life in full extent. He/she cannot enjoy eating, watching sports, or other luxury of the life. It is truly said by our elders that health is wealth. In order to maintain good health we need to properly take care of the hygiene and sanitation all around us. We have to eat healthy and complete food in timely manner.
We should eat green and fresh vegetables, milk, fresh fruits, egg, etc. Our body need sufficient amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins on daily basis to be fit and healthy. Together with the healthy food and physical activities we need to maintain cleanliness in our home and surrounding areas including our personal cleanliness. The maintenance of physical and mental fitness is very important for a person needed to be successful and do best to the society. It is truly said by the Buddha about health and fitness that, “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear”.
Health and Fitness Essay 4 (250 words)
Most of the common people never realize the importance of being healthy and fit. They generally underestimate the importance of good health as they never know the advantages of it. We all know that health is wealth but only few people follow it in their life. Being healthy and fit, helps us in carrying out our daily tasks. Being healthy is not only a body free of diseases, but it also means to have a tensionless mind. If a person has unhealthy mind, he cannot has an unhealthy body. Good health of both, body and mind helps us to get success in life and enjoy it in full extent. Good mental health makes us feel like a well-being and healthy body gives us physical strength and confidence. Good physical health helps us in our trouble times whereas poor physical becomes more weak and prone to diseases.
We need to be aware about all the points of how to keep us healthy both physically and mentally. Some people know well about how to keep their body neat, clean and healthy however they carry some tensions in their mind, so they always lack of being fit. Mental tension gradually deteriorates the good condition of body and makes it weak. People, who are serious about their health and fitness, do exercises on daily basis and eat healthy food in timely manner. They are much conscious about their health and avoid being lazy, eating unhealthy food and sedentary life.
Health and Fitness Essay 5 (300 words)
Now-a-days, people have been so busy in their hectic life style and do not have time to keep themselves healthy or stay fit. It is the fact that we must eat healthy, practice cleanliness and involve in daily physical exercises in order to remain healthy and fit. As we know that there is no alternate to the hard work, in the same way there is no alternate to the health and fitness. Health and fitness is the combination of healthy living with healthy lifestyle. Psychological health is very necessary with the physical health of a person in order to be healthy and fit. We need to eat healthy food and do physical exercises on daily basis in order to remain physically healthy however we need to think positive to remain mentally healthy.
We need to get self motivated as well as take part in the fitness-style activities. We should take our fitness as the matter of every-day routine. Being fit should be our first aim of living a healthy lifestyle. It doesn’t require exercising for hours, just a small amount of exercise and healthy food on daily basis is enough to maintain the health and fitness. We should keep our eyes always open and select stairs instead of the elevator, use cycle instead of car or bike for nearby areas, walk to the next bus stop, etc creates really a big difference. Being involved in daily physical exercises not only keep us fit but also improve our lifestyle and healthy living. It increases our energy level and thus confidence level.
We should enjoy spending hours on morning walk, running, working out at the gym or other physical activities to keep body functioning well as well as improve muscle endurance. We should eat fresh cooked food instead of stale food in order to remain away from the digestive disorders.
Health and Fitness Essay 6 (400 words)
Health and fitness is the state of being healthy both, physically and mentally. Regular exercises and balanced diet can improve health and fitness of a person. We can define health as the state of complete mental, physical and social well-being of a person. It is not only the absence of illness, diseases or infirmity. We can define the fitness of any person as the ability to meet demands of the environment.
How to Maintain Health and Fitness
There are various ways we can keep us healthy and fit if we follow regularly the following:
- We should regularly involve in the daily physical exercises by getting some time from our much hectic schedule. 30 to 60 minutes of exercise on daily basis or five to six times a week is ideal for anybody to remain fit.
- Healthy and clean food in right amount and at right time is very necessary for a person to stay healthy and fit. Healthy nutrition with high-fiber, low-fat, high protein, and rich source of vitamins and minerals is the key to good health.
- In order to get fit and healthy, good sleeping pattern is very necessary for any person. We need to maintain a discipline in our daily routine and focus on good sleeping pattern which must start and end at right time. Taking quality sleep of eight hours each night boosts our immune system and helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases as well as improves mood. Inadequate sleeping pattern leads to the sleep disorders and various mental disorders.
Importance of Health and Fitness
Health and fitness is very important for people who want to live a healthy life very happily and peacefully. A healthy and fit person is only capable to live life to its fullest extent. We can say a person healthy and fit if he/she is physically and mentally fit. Physically and mentally fit people become less prone to the medical conditions. Health and fitness of any person helps in:
- Decreases the risk of diseases (high blood pressure, diabetes, coronary heart diseases, colon cancer, osteoporosis, obesity, stroke, breast cancer, etc).
- Make them feel better both, physically and mentally.
- Improves their confidence level.
- Heals injuries soon.
- Helps to live longer by adding years to the life.
- Reduces stress and improves quality of life.
- Reduces anxiety level, stress, and feelings of depression.
Conclusion: Regular physical activities and routine exercise is very necessary for the people of all age group especially younger generations. Health and fitness brings happiness in the life and helps a person to live stress free and disease free life.
Paragraph on Health is Wealth
Speech on Health is Wealth
Quotes on Health is Wealth
A dictionary might say that health is the state of being free from illness or injury. But others think it is more. The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) says health is more than the absence of disease. “Health is a state of physical, mental, and social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity,” it says. It is the key to living a productive and satisfying life.
Path to improved health
You can break down the concept of health into different categories. These could include physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral health. There are things any person can do to stay healthy in these areas. But as a teenager, there are some things you should pay special attention to.
Physical health – Taking care of your body
- Exercise regularly. Teens should be physically active at least 60 minutes of every day.
- Eat a healthy diet. Healthy eating is an important part of your growth and development. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, a variety of protein foods, and low-fat dairy products.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Children and teenagers with obesity are more likely to have obesity as an adult. They are also at higher risk for other chronic illnesses, depression, and bullying.
- Get enough sleep. Most teens need between 9 and 9 ½ hours of sleep every night. Many average only 7 hours. Sleep has a strong effect on your ability to concentrate and do well at school.
- Keep up with vaccinations. Get a flu shot every year. If you haven’t gotten the HPV vaccine, ask your parents and doctor about it. It can prevent you from getting HPV and some kinds of cancer, including cervical cancer.
- Brush and floss your teeth. Make it a habit now, and prevent tooth and gum problems in adulthood.
- Wear sunscreen. Getting just one bad sunburn as a child or teenager increases your risk of getting skin cancer as an adult.
- Don’t listen to loud music. This can damage your hearing for the rest of your life.
Mental health – Taking care of your mind
- Learn ways to manage stress. You can’t avoid stress, so you need to learn how to manage it. This will help you stay calm and be able to function in stressful situations.
- Study and do your best in school. There is a strong link between health and academic success.
- Try to maintain a good relationship with your parents. Remember that they want what is best for you. Try to see where they are coming from when they set rules.
- Develop a good balance between school, work, and social life.
- Don’t try to take on too much. Limit your activities to the most important ones and give those 100%. Overextending yourself can lead to stress, frustration, or exhaustion.
Emotional health – Taking care of your feelings
- Know the signs of mental illness. These include:
- excessive tiredness
- loss of self-esteem
- loss of interest in things you used to like
- loss of appetite
- weight gain or loss
- out-of-character personality changes.
- Pay attention to your moods and feelings. Don’t assume your negative thoughts or feelings are just part of being a teenager. If you’re worried about something, ask for help.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. If you can’t talk to your parents, talk to a favorite teacher or counselor at school. Find an adult you can trust. If you’re feeling really sad or are thinking about harming yourself, get help right away.
- Accept yourself. If you feel like you have low self-esteem or a poor body image, talk to someone about it. Even just talking to a friend can help.
- Don’t bully other people. And if you are being bullied, tell a parent, teacher, or other adult. This includes being bullied online or on your phone.
Behavioral health – Taking care of your safety through your behaviors
- Avoid substance use or abuse. This includes alcohol, street drugs, other people’s prescription drugs, and any type of tobacco product.
- Drive safely. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death in U.S. teenagers. Always use your seat belt. Avoid riding in a car full of other teenagers. This can distract the driver and make an accident more likely. Never get in a car with a driver who has been drinking.
- Wear protective headgear. Wear a helmet when you are riding a bike or participating in sports to prevent concussions. Concussions at a young age can have lifelong negative effects on your health.
- Avoid violence. Stay away from situations where violence or fighting may cause you to be physically injured.
- Practice abstinence (no sex) or safe sex. If you have sex, always use condoms to help avoid sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If you are a sexually active girl, talk to your doctor about contraceptives. If you can’t use contraceptives, use condoms for birth control.
What might my doctor do if I go see him or her?
The doctor might do any of the following to help you stay healthy:
- Determine your risk for certain health problems.
- Measure your height, weight, and blood pressure.
- Give advice about healthy lifestyle choices, like diet and activity.
- Provide immunizations (shots or vaccines) to reduce your risk of getting diseases. These could include meningitis, tetanus, or HPV.
Things to consider
Will the habits I have now really make a difference when I’m older?
Yes; 65% of all deaths in adults are caused by heart disease, cancer, and stroke. In many cases, these diseases are preventable. Many of the behaviors that cause these diseases begin at a young age. For example, teens who use tobacco are more likely to have heart disease, cancer, or stroke in adulthood.
At my age, what should I especially be concerned about?
The top killers of teenagers and young adults are car accidents, unintentional injury, homicide, and suicide. Cancer and heart disease are uncommon, but can affect you at this age. Unplanned pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections can harm your health. They can also cause you social and personal problems.
Do young men have different health risks than young women?
Yes. Young men don’t wear seat belts as often as young women do. They’re also more likely to carry weapons, get into physical fights, use smokeless tobacco or marijuana, drink alcohol heavily, and have more sexual partners. On the other hand, young women have some special risks. They try to commit suicide more often. They also try to lose weight in harmful ways more often than young men.
Should I talk to my doctor if I’m worried about my health or my body?
Yes. It’s important to talk to your doctor if you have any concerns about your health or your body. Your doctor is there to help you.
Questions to ask your doctor
- What steps can I take to stay healthy?
- Am I at risk for any illnesses or diseases?
- I’m worried about a specific part of my life. What should I do?
- I can’t talk to my parents or teachers about my problems. Who can I talk to?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Teens
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Take Charge of Your Health: A Guide for Teenagers